Sunday, December 7, 2014

Cultural Background

From the island of Jamaica to the U.S is where my parents migrated from in the year 1986. This island is a well known island, especially for their beaches and tourist spot in the parish of Kingston and Montego Bay. Born on an island with little opportunity, my parents decided to migrate to the United States to better their lives as well as their potential family. Along came my sister Janeen, born in 1986 and three years later my brother Al and last but not least me. My parents had the privilege to come to this country a lot smoother than most. While they had the option to remain in Jamaica they were offered by a great man to reside in the U.S permanently. This decision forever changed their lives which allowed their children's life to become a lot better off than theirs. Having parents coming from an impoverished country allows me to be grateful and appreciate as well as take advantage of the many opportunities this country has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment