Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Coming of Age


My coming of age moment is when I stepped into the halls of my High school and met one of my greatest mentors. Ms. Ericka Coley was her name and she was my Reading teacher who helped me and encouraged me to do well in high school and even in life in general. She became like a second mother that guided me through the rough periods in school. High school has taught me lessons on becoming a more responsible person. While I was in school, and with the assistance of Ms. Ericka, I joined an extracurricular activity, which was the step team. I had a great time building sisterhood and brotherhood relationships with my schoolmates. The step shows that we put on were one of the best our school has ever seen. The steps and routines took lots of hard works and arguments but at the end of the day we all came together as family and made up at the end of the practices. 

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/working-btches/201301/the-extra-value-mentors





No comments:

Post a Comment